Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Why the economy annoys me... Not prego related

I am a little ticked off right now. I WISH the economy wasn't in such a crappy place as I have had an opportunity to buy my own established sign and graphic design shop dropped in my lap..... but it is a chunk of money..it is a risk and I dont know if it is one I am willing to take at this time seeing how I am not assured that companies and business's will still spend money on advertising. While owning this type of business is usually pretty resession proof, there are quite a few shops here. I still do not know if I will dive in..it is a very large decision. I have a few weeks to consider it, and I really don't know what to do.
The shop I am working at is still recovering from last year. My boss had to lay off myself and our other part time person. I am still only at work about 20 hours a week.
The other oppurtunity I have is to invest less then half the amount of the full shop and instead become a partner in a friends already established shop. Not a bad idea really. I have a lot to consider and it is so scary in these times. Some people say..it's the perfect time to get into business, while others think it is insane.
Either option gives me flexability with my other two children and the chance to take my baby to work with me daily. Sigh...ppphhhh what to do.....

I have no idea what will happen but I am capped out in salary for the area I live in. I would love to have extra income..but what if I fail? That is pretty scary...

0 comments:

Post a Comment