Thursday, August 27, 2009

Just realized I will slowly slip back into hell....

When my daughter was born I was thrust into a world of Nick Jr, Disney and PBS. Tessa was obsessed with two things. Blues Clues... she LOVED Steve. She would crawl to the entertainment center, pull her self up and stare up at him like he was Jesus. She would touch his face and clap in excitement when he would ask a question. Nothing made her day as much as Steve showing up. I remember at one point having a disturbing conversation on a play date about how the more you watch Steve..the sexier he gets. There were housewives all over pushing their wee ones out of the way so they could stare at Steve....eww.

Besides Steve's daily visit there was also Bear in the Big Blue house. Tessa would crawl to her bouncy chair and sit and dance and clap the entire show. She loved it and I actually grew to love the show too. For her first birthday she got a talking Bear, and she wouldn't let anyone come near it. She was like a Pitt bull with a bone..it was hers...no one was to touch it. We still have him..he is in a toy box somewhere.
Those were Tessa's obsessions. I didn't let her watch much else. Sesame street annoyed me. I wanted to strangle Dora..OH MY GOD I HATE THAT SHOW!!! I personally think parents get stupider when they watch it...I am sorry, just my opinion..oh I HATE IT HATE IT HATE IT.
Barney was a definite no as well as Teletubbies or any other lame show I thought wasn't needed.

When Levi came he didn't really watch many kids shows. He loved the wiggles. He would sit in his saucer and dance and bounce and giggle. However he never really got involved in the tv sitter, instead he just wanted to be with you. He didn't care what you were doing as long as he had you in a line of sight. He would sit in his highchair, swing, bouncer and play and babble.

So with another baby I realized that I will have to venture into the kid tv world again. Tess and Levi really don't watch Tv, they have a few shows they like, and movies they like, but thats about the extent. They would rather read or play with their friends.

I haven't payed much attention to kids shows. I do think wonder pets is awesome. And Yo GabaGaba is..strange, but most that I have caught a glimpse of make me want to take out my brain through my nose with a potato peeler. Maybe we just wont use the TV at all this time around....its not like its on much anyway.

0 comments:

Post a Comment