Friday, August 21, 2009

Where do my taxes go???

Sooo tonight my husband and I headed to Wally World to do some shopping. Tess and Levi are on their way home as we speak from vacation in Texas...and we haven't cooked a meal since they left in July...sad...so sad.
While there I also toted along their insane school supply lists..well not really insane just stupid in my opinion. In Virginia we pay a CRAP load of taxes, plus the state constantly brags about how our lottery profits help our public schools...so lets see..

Levi (1st Grade)
4-10 packs of pencils (Ummm when I was little we only needed 1)
1 box crayons
1 pair blunt scissors
4 bottels of White Glue (Why do the they need 4 bottles + 4 glue sticks????)
Pencil Box
2 boxes of tissue per semester (Really thats 8 boxes of tissue....seriously)
2 plastic folders with prongs
4 comp note books
4 glue sticks
4 dry erase markers

Tessa (4th Grade..wth did that happen??)
1 ruler
1 box colored pencils
1 box crayons
1 pair scissors
8 Glue Sticks (that's a lot of glue sticks)
2 packs of Pencils
6 Notebooks
2 Comp Books
2 packs Loose Leaf Paper
2 sets of highlighters
2 boxes of tissue
Pencil Box

Now while these are not anywhere as crazy as LAST years school supply list. It really annoys me that not only do I pay for my children s lunches, I pay taxes, but the school cant even supply tissues?????? It also annoys the crap out of me that they just take everything and dump in in bins, really annoys me. I bought it, I want MY child to use it.

So all that including 2 lunch boxes, two insulated soup containers and two sandwhich containers
set me back 70 some bucks. Insane to me it seems.

I am excited for them to get home..they have been gone since July 28th. Our house has been clean...and way way too quiet.

I am not sure how my energy will keep up since I have been having to nap every day for at least an hour when I get home. I am also watching my daughters best friend and neighbor every morning and after school.

The fun part is that Levi doesn't know he will be a big brother yet. I am trying to think of a neat way to tell him. Tessa knows, and she is excited. So are we...

1 comments:

Urban Earthworm said...

Yeah, these lists get a little weird. Punky's wasn't too bad, except the 24 glue sticks. WTF? oh well, such is life.

Post a Comment