Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Poor Poor State Trooper

So what do you get when you have a emotional pregnant women, who is late for a doctors appointment, is mad at her hubby and doesn't know why, tired, and sick and have a state trooper pull her over?? Drama

I am normally not a crier..especially in front of other people. According to some I am "cold and bitchy" however I just feel that emotion is a form of weakness. Its how I was raised, I can't help it.

So when I start sobbing uncontrollably in front of a stranger and my husband....I am to say the least..humiliated.

What happened?

About a month ago my safety inspection was up on my car. When we went to re do it they denied me saying I needed new brake pads, new wipers and a new tail light. Well seeing how my husband's disability had not gone through I drove around a month with a rejection sticker on my car. We only have one car..I drove careful...blah blah. This week planned on doing all the work and heading back to the garage to get our new "approved sticker".

So I am driving to my doctors appointment feeling like I want to puke while my hubby and I talk. A State Police Car pulls in front of me...few minutes later he pulls to the median, then...there go the lights.

So he pulls me over and to make things worse I cant find my paper work. I finally track it all down and hand it too him in a wad. While the whole time he is talking to me like I am an ignorant women even when I explained our situation and that we would repair it that day.

For some reason me being emotionally with child...the officers tone really got to me. I felt like a 5 year old being scolded, it was humiliating and the next thing I new I felt a large lump, my vision blurred and tears started to flow.....a lot. I am talking the crying jag where if one word comes out of your mouth you will start hyperventilating as you cry and sound like a 4 year old who is in as much trouble as he ever will be.

I looked at my husband who up until to day I don't think ever saw me cry, and the officer who has that look like..."Oh..shes pulling the crying card". My poor husband explained that I was pregnant.

I sat there unable to control this huge wave of emotion, finally the officer came back told me to fix it and handed me a yellow sheet. The man was supposed to make us tow our car and get a ride since it had no sticker. We...got...off...easy. As we speak my hubby is at home repairing the car..THANK GOD.

So we tell the officer thank you, and I continue to sit there crying and I can't stop. My husband switches so he can drive and we head to the doctors. The whole damn way I could not stop crying, it was the most strange experience of my life. Nothing like crazy prego hormones to send you too the looney bin.

The worst part was showing up to the doctors with that red, swollen I just bawled my eyes out look going on. However no one asked what was wrong...and I am glad they didn't. I probably would have started sobbing all over again and they would never be polite to a stranger again.

4 comments:

SarahMerritt said...

AH Pregnancy Hormones! they are lovely! I will never forget screaming at my hubby to stop talking while i threw up in a wendy's cup!

Mercedes said...

Similar thing happened to me but it was a women officer with no sympathy so I still got a ticket.
Welcome to SITS! We are excited to have you!

Meredith said...

Cheers. I'm due in October and my Daughter turns three on Monday. And her brother is only 16 months younger. We have free licence to weep for no reason. Except usually after I'm crying I think of more reasons to cry and feed the beast. Hang in there.

Kathy B! said...

Ahhh! The joys of the emotional roller coaster!!

I'm glad you got off easy!!

Post a Comment