Thursday, August 6, 2009

The Plan

You better believe this ocd mom has a "plan" and some other things shes working on.

The plan will be carried out in stages or steps. The plan goes into action..dah du dunnn..this weekend.

First the nursery, then my birth plan, then you know when that baby comes screaming and being demanded into our world....

The Nursery

The nursery is currently our office. It houses two computer desks, a large book shelf, 2 computers a giant printer and our dog's cage. This weekend we will be doing a head to toe cleaning of the house as we gather crap for our upcoming yard sale I have been trying to do all summer.
Once the cleaning and purging is done the office will be moved into our dining room. We will then be pulling up the carpet in the room (praying the wood floors are still in nice condition unlike all the other floors we found under our carpet).
I am going to go for a natural, organic nature theme. If it's a girl it will be light greens, browns, pinks and blues. If its a boy it will be blues, greens and browns. I plan on striping one wall with those colors. We have already picked out the crib and changing table, all for under $400 from Wally world. Target had some beautiful cribs but they were really pricey. This one looks just like the $500 dollar crib I found.
Work
I am one of those lucky moms who..works. Right now I work 9:30-2:30 and my pregnancy has not affected my job. I am tired and feel icky but I have no problem working. I am not sure what will be happening as I am thinking of becoming a partner in a business, so I dont know what will happen then. I plan on working up until delivery day, at least I hope I can.

Birthing a baby

I am not able to do what I want..which is a home birth. Our insurance does not cover it and I would have to pay an OB and the midwife. So I am doing the next best thing. A very nice birth center with jacuzzi tubs, nice large beds and a home environment. I plan on attempting to do this birth naturally...wish...me...luck.
I am hoping to labor at home as much as possible.

Baby Care
I am planning to Breast Feed. I breast fed both my two and it was a wonderful experience. It's also cheaper. I am debating on letting this child get all vaccinations. There are few I may decline due to side effects and risks.
One thing I plan on doing with this baby is baby wearing. I didn't do it with the last two because I never found a good sling. I love the idea, especially being as I will be breast feeding.

I also plan to make my own baby food. With my first she pretty much consumed anything out a jar. With my son he had some jar baby food and I made some.
I am hoping to provide almost all homemade baby food this time around.

Thats how far my plan goes so far. We have a ton of things to do to the house and I am afraid they wont get done. We NEED new flooring soon, they are so gross. Wish me luck, I am going to need it.

4 comments:

SarahMerritt said...

WOW nesting early! Its nice to have a plan though I had a list(well several lists) on our door that I would add to and check off as the weeks got fewer (this started at 6ish months!) As for baby wearing! Hello I am all about the baby wearing! Yesterday infact I made a baby wrap. Easy! I am thinking sunday I am going to go get some good fabric and make a Mai Tie and another wrap for my self then make a wrap for my sister who is due with #2 in less than 10 days!
Sarah

Mimi said...

You have tons of great ideas. I wish I knew about baby wearing when my boys were born. Now they are 14 & 17 *sigh* Good luck to you!

I'm stopping by from Welcomistas to welcome you to SITS. You'll love it, the support rocks!

Veronica Lee said...

Hi! I'm visiting from MBC. Great blog.

SarahMerritt said...

Sometime next week I am going to do a full Tutorial on how to make a baby wrap. Its so easy! I will even do lots of pictures! and really if you didnt want to you dont even need to sew!

Post a Comment