Saturday, August 8, 2009

How to fix this???

This is a horrible photo of me at 7 weeks. Crappy photo cause I didn't use a flash and took it myself. Enlarge to see my lovely comments.

Then we have the baby to be room. Our previous office. We sort of forgot the ugliness was there since our office had so much stuff in it. I seriously have no idea what the idiot last owners were thinking. They have never repainted the house, hence the gross walls. We will fix when I know if its a boy or a girl. One wall looks like they tore it up and did a 1/2 ass job of fixing it.
The bad part is all of our walls downstairs are plaster. Upstairs is drywall. Meaning...I have no idea how to fix the mess they left.


The other walls are ok. They have some unevenness to them from patch work. I am not sure if we can afford to remodel the entire room. Taking down plaster is a mess, that's all I know.

Here is my cheap fix. With the help of our friend's tools..... Remove only the bad part and put in a built in bookcase. Only issue...I have no idea how deep behind the plaster is...could end up meaning we have to tear down all the plaster and put up sheet rock. Uggggg.
I have a feeling this is what we will try.

Any other suggestions???

3 comments:

Tiff said...

The built in bookcase will limit the versatility of the room, what about digging out that bad spot and using those wall repair patches? I don't know how they work, but I have heard you can just fix a hole. Since I don't know for sure, that might be the garbage that is already there, but I don't really know. Just an idea! Good luck!

Brandon said...

I can help you fix it Trish.

-Brandon

Taryn Zerner said...

Phew! I am glad a few others were able to provide you some insight on how to fix the hole in the wall. I love decorating, but not much help in the repair department. LOL!
And, congratulations on your pregnancy. That little baby bump you've got is ADORABLE!!! ;)

Stopping by from SITS and wanted to welcome you to the SITStahood! So glad to have you on board!

Love,
Taryn

http://www.lovetaryn.blogspot.com

Post a Comment