Tuesday, August 18, 2009

1st Appoinment today


We were at the doctors office all day. Our midwife is a women in her 50's, cute, spunky and thank god someone who "gets" my husbands strange sense of humor. We started off with all the normal questions, family history and what not. Moved onto our exam and then we had our ultrasound. Its so tiny!!! Come to find out I have a a dermoid cyst on my left ovary that will have to removed once I stop breast feeding. Ewww
My midwife was very happy that I am going to birth in the midwifery center, the areas only birth center, with a low medical intervention birth plan. I was also impressed that over the 4 hours we were there the bottle/formula discussion was not even brought up. Breast feeding was the expected norm here and that made me happy.
I ended up leaving the office with a list of new meds. Whole Food Multivitamin, Higher does of Folic Acid, Fish Oil *(gag)* and a different Vitamin D supplement then the one I am on. All are digested easier which makes me happy.
It was a fun day and there is nothing like seeing your little baby on a screen.

1 comments:

Urban Earthworm said...

Ha, I've been choking down fish oil my whole life (though it was cod liver oil when I was a kid). I can second your gag. Our dogs freaking love it, though. They will do absolutely any trick for a fish oil pill, and it's good for them.

Sounds like a great center. Hope everything continues to go smoothly!

Post a Comment