Thursday, July 30, 2009

Freebies my ass

So being prego I decided to take advantage of some great freebies and samples...mistake.
I wont name the companies but let me say this...

1. Largest producer of baby food
2. Largest producer of any over the counter item you buy in a drug store, diapers and baby products
3. Your baby probably slept, ate, rode in the car and played in their products

So...Some of the well known pregnancy sites I joined has areas you could sign up for freebies/samples. So I did...now I have...

Remodeling companies
Magazines
Online Colleges
Home Insurance
Auto Insurance
Steak of the month
Grocery Stores
Credit Card
Department stores

FLOODING my email and phone all day at all hours with "offers"

I guess thats what I get. These sites said they didnt sell my info...obviously they did.

6 comments:

Kathy B! said...

Careful you don't p!ss off the powers that be or you'll NEVER get any of those freebies :)

Becky @ Babes in Hairland said...

I've had this happen too. I started signing up for things through a junk e-mail account, changing my name slightly etc. to see who sells my stuff. It's a joke sometimes how much they do it although they say they don't. Good luck fighting off all the calls, e-mails etc! Just stopping by from SITS welcome wagon to say hi! Have a fun weekend & good luck w/your pregnancy.

Carma Sez said...

ACK-- that is soooo frustrating. I am so anal about this that whenever I order a magazine or anything I call to make sure the don't put me on a list.

Stopping by from SITS to say hi and welcome. I know that you will enjoy being a part of this vibrant community of bloggers. I have a giveaway for a $50 giftcard on my blog that you may be interested in entering.
carma :-)

said...

Argh. Guess there's always a catch even with so-called freebies.

Welcome to the SITS community!

Just Lisa said...

Ugh! And the freebies are never even worth it!

I came by to welcome you to SITS! We're happy to have you with us!

The Rambler said...

Those bastards...freeschmee. :(

LOVE your blog.

Stopping by from SITS to say hello and welcome!

Post a Comment